11015 NW COPELAND ST , Portland, OR 97229
- 4 Bed
- 3.0 Bath
- 2640 sqft.
Portland, OR, 97229
- Built in 1942
- 2640 sqft
- County: Washington
Bespoke Cedar Mill Retreat
11015 NW Copeland Street, Portland, OR 97229
Offered at $1,170,000
3 BEDROOM | 3 BATH | 2,640 SQFT
MLS #21320510 | TAXES:$5,598
Please see listing for Covid-19 safety procedures.
One-of-a-kind property lovingly crafted with thoughtful design and energy efficient elements throughout. Private and wooded, the 3 bed/2 bath home features wood floors, cozy fireplace in den, wine cellar, and large separate 1 bed/1 bath ADU. As a healthy house, it boasts reclaimed materials, Rastra construction, and low to no VOC paint. Gather in your spacious chef’s kitchen with friends and family. Host an event in your parklike yard with vineyard vibes. Live, work, play and enjoy year round this bespoke Cedar Mill retreat.
WHAT’S AROUND – WANT TO GO FOR A WALK? A NIGHT OUT ON THE TOWN SOUND FUN? NEED TO GRAB SOME GROCERIES?
- Forest Park
- Foege Park
- Jackie Husen Park
- Jordan Woods Natural Area
- Cedar Mills Park & Trailhead
- Zucari Home & Garden
- Market of Choice – Cedar Mill
- Grand Central Bakery
- Laughing Planet Cafe
- Kizuki Ramen & Izakaya
- Great Notion Brewery
- Sunrise Bagels
- Skyline Restaurant
- Sunset Athletic Club
HOUSE HIGHLIGHTS + FEATURES:
- Originally built in 1942 as a 970 sf two bedroom cottage. Sellers added 1180sf in a 2004-2005 addition for a total of 2150 sf.
- Addition includes: deluxe gourmet kitchen, primary suite, dining room and library that flows seamlessly into the original house.
- 12 inch thick Rastra block on a 15 inch grid
- The addition’s exterior is a Rastra structure with a felt skin
- The original house’s exterior is 2” Rastra and stucco
- Walk in closet with skylight and stackable washer and dryer
- Full bath with double sinks and deluxe tile and glass shower
- Vaulted ceilings and lead glass windows
- Cedar lined pantry/wine storage room with authentic restaurant walk-in door
- Extra prep sink in island
- Bar seating at island
- Stainless steel appliances
- Double wall ovens
- 4 burner gas cooktop with beautifully tiled backsplash
- Quartz and wood countertops
- Concrete slab on grade.
- New flooring is floating interlock water resistant engineered wood with a 6ml waterproof underlayment and cork layer for comfort
- 2 parking spots undercover on 580 sf pad, attached to 180 sf shed
- 2 kilowatt Solar Panel Array on roof. Inverter and controls are housed in the carport shed. Array is tied to the grid and sells power back to PGE.
- One gas fueled water heater for sinks, showers and toilets in the house
- A second gas fueled water heater powers the radiant floor heating system, the gas range and the gas bbq.
- House – radiant heat is under or in all the floors on the main level.
- There is a chase to the 2nd floor through the closet under the stairs where a radiator could be routed to service the upstairs bedrooms. The upstairs bedrooms stay warm except in the dead of winter when small space heaters add a little extra comfort as needed.
- ADU has heating and cooling provided by an energy-efficient Mitsubishi mini-split heat pump
- Separate water heater for the ADU in utility room behind the kitchen
- HRV system
- Newer Marvin double insulated low-E argon metal clad interior wood windows throughout house.
- New sections of the house and the ADU feature Velux skylights.
- Skylights in the bath and laundry/closet are motorized
- Skylights in the Great Room and ADU are manual
- Original house – Removed exterior walls down to the studs and installed R-21 insulation or better.
- All electrical was updated as needed.
- The fireplace in the TV room, which still has its original leaded glass windows, plus the matching leaded glass window that was built into the new master bedroom and came from the original stairwell.
- Addition has concrete floors with radiant heating embedded in the concrete.
- Original house has Douglas fir floors with radiant heating installed underneath the subfloor and run through copper fins for maximum reflection of heat and super insulated below
- All of the finishes in the house were chosen because they were green products, eco-friendly, low or no VOC to accommodate the owner’s strong chemical sensitivity and fulfill the desire to build a Healthy Home, following the principles laid out by Paula Laporte in her book.
- Quartz and wood countertops in kitchen
- The CVG Fir trim in the house was milled from reclaimed lumber from Jack Daniels distillery buildings that were being dismantled. They were originally built from Oregon old-growth timber. A local Oregon acquaintance learned about the demolition and brought it back to Oregon to mill into new products
- The white oak trim in the TV room was reclaimed from old pickle barrels.
- The large rough-sawn Doug fir timbers used for structural members in the new section of the house came from an old barn deconstructed outside of Tacoma in 2003.
- The large rough-sawn timbers used to frame the outdoor entry with true mortise and tenon timber framing methods (no metal, just oak dowels!) came from a field in Banks, probably an old barn that had fallen over.
- The bar countertop was milled from Oregon Claro Walnut.
- The rest of the butcher block counters in the kitchen are maple block with a walnut stain and an eco-friendly Duraseal finish.
- The house is wired for sound and has separate speaker pairs on independent volume controls for the living room, great room and outdoor patio as well as a full 5.1 surround sound speaker system built into the walls of the TV room.
- TV and surround sound in-wall speakers as well as other room built-in speakers will convey with the house.
- The hot tub is a 2019 Hot Springs spa
- All built-in structures like gazebo, spa surround, raised beds, etc are part of the sale.
About Us: Over the course of their professional partnership, Aryne + Dulcinea have helped hundreds of clients prosper in their new lives. During this time, they have prided themselves in their top-notch selling abilities, with homes outperforming market standards, consistently exceeding list price while most of their listings sell in under 7 days. Whether you’re looking to buy or sell, Aryne & Dulcinea will work in collaboration to guide you in investing in your future and reaching your real estate goals.