By Aryne + Dulcinea, February 11, 2021
Our team “went” to the 2021 First American Title Economic Forecast. Presenter John Mitchell discussed our local and national economies. Where are we now? Where are we headed?
- Oregon was the #3 state to move to in 2020 behind South Carolina + Idaho. People are still moving here and they want to buy YOUR house.
- Oregon was #32 in job growth in 2020 so why are they moving here? Is it because 2020 proved that many of us can work from home successfully and we’d rather live someplace great than move to where the office is?
- The Case Shiller Index indicates that as of October 2020, sale prices were up 8.9% in Portland. Value has risen a lot in the last year.
- Now that national plans are being set in motion to control the virus and jump start the economy, the recovery is underway, but the trajectory is uncertain. We don’t know what the impact on real estate will be. We do know that today’s market favors sellers – thanks to little inventory and low interest rates, but we don’t know what the rest of the year will look like. This may be the very best moment to sell.
- Covid has driven people home! Everyone is working, playing, schooling, “entertaining,” and learning how to thrive at home which means they need properties that will meet their needs. This need is encouraging moving, refinancing, remodeling and reevaluating where and how folks want to live. As people make plans for the post-pandemic period the realities are:
- Mortgage rates are VERY low
- Demand for new and creative spaces is rising
- Many people did NOT lose their jobs they just have to do them at home and they need space, technology, innovation, storage and versatility.
- Real estate figured it out – Zoom showings and listing appointments, drone photos and video, virtual house tours, floor plans, Covid safety plan, real shoppers vs. folks who love visiting open houses. Real estate brokers can successfully help people buy and sell during a pandemic and we may even be doing our jobs better.
Over the course of their professional partnership, Aryne + Dulcinea have helped over 200 clients prosper in their new lives. During this time, they have prided themselves in their top-notch selling abilities, with homes outperforming market standards, consistently exceeding list price while most of their listings sell in under 7 days. Whether you’re looking to buy or sell, Aryne & Dulcinea will work in collaboration to guide you in investing in your future and reaching your real estate goals.
Aryne + Dulcinea
Earth Advantage Principal Broker | Earth Advantage Broker | ADU Specialists | OR