Yomari is The PDX House Fairy.
Yomari grew up in the beautiful island of Puerto Rico, surrounded by beaches, mountains, sunshine, color, music and delicious food. Her immense family (she has 30 cousins!) was always gathering and cooking in someone’s home. She remembers playing in her grandmother’s wrap-around porch, hanging out in her aunts’ lively kitchens, and dancing at the family parties in the open and tiled garages. Her father designed and built her childhood home. She was mixing cement and leveling cinder blocks before she was 10! She had no idea what a huge influence this would have in her future life. Her family made it clear: home is everything.
Fast forward a few decades and college degrees; while she was working as an Oncology Dietitian in Florida, Yomari bought her first home after conducting an extensive self-guided search among the beautiful Spanish and Mediterranean style homes of Miami Shores, and realized she was in the wrong profession. By then, she had been visiting the Pacific Northwest for years with her husband, who grew up in Port Townsend, Washington, and was head over heels in love with the vibe, the mountains, the people, and the architecture of this side of the country. So after moving her family from Miami to Oregon, she decided it was time to follow her calling and become a licensed Real Estate Broker, founded Yomari Loves Houses, and became The PDX House Fairy.
This is what she has learned about herself and about being an effective Real Estate Broker:
- That a real estate transaction is not just about numbers and negotiations; it is not just a business transaction. A real estate transaction is about people; their goals, their wishes, and their needs. It is about HOME.
- That client relationships in real estate should be a PARTNERSHIP, and they should also be PERSONAL. Understanding that the process can be emotional and stressful for clients is vital. Yomari believes it is her job to be there for her clients when they are worried or anxious, and to take the stress away from them.
- That real estate transactions need to be an HONEST affair. Clients should feel the process is transparent, and that their agent is working with integrity for them.
- That selling and buying properties should be a positive experience. Yomari wants her clients to remember buying or selling a home as an EASY and FUN life event.
- That it is important to approach real estate like she does life; with ENERGY, PASSION, AMBITION and KINDNESS.
- That she is good at what she does because she truly LOVES BEING AN AGENT. She dreams of homes, interiors, architecture, and gardens, and the clients who belong with them.
Yomari lives in a dreamy old Portland lady, a 1900 farmhouse in Montavilla that she and her husband bought in 2017. It needs a ton of work, but they love it. She is a mama to two amazing kids, three dogs, and two cats. She probably bores most people she knows talking about houses. She dreams of owning a tiny apartment in New York City. In her personal time, Yomari enjoys cooking, gardening, eating great food and drinking good wine, listening to true crime podcasts, binging a good TV show, walking with her dogs, camping in her RV with her family, and when time allows, traveling to another city to explore, and EAT!
She would be honored to be your home buying or selling partner.
Learn more about her, read her blog, and send her a note by visiting her website
. You can also follow her adventures on Instagram
and see why she calls herself The PDX House Fairy